Department: Engineering – Electrical
Reports to: Electrical Engineering Manager
JOB TITLE: Electrical Engineer
For over 50 years, Aqua-Aerobic Systems has provided thousands of customers with adaptive treatment solutions in biological processes, oxidative process and filtration for both water and wastewater applications. Our knowledge and expertise in applied engineering and manufacturing allows us to provide highly efficient and cost effective technologies that require less energy, less maintenance and provide a low cost of ownership over the life of the plant.
As a leader in the water and wastewater treatment industry, we are growing and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a full-time Electrical Engineer.
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, the Electrical Engineer will review customer’s project documents and create electrical designs and control programs to satisfy electrical contractual obligations. Additionally, the Electrical Engineer will assist in trouble shooting field problems and provide technical support to other departments in the company.
- Responsible for the development and testing of project specific PLC , HMI interface, and SCADA programs to satisfy contract requirements.
- Responsible for the preparation of submittal data required for customer design approval.
- Provide Technical Support to both internal and external customers.
- Review costs after shipment and explains variations between estimate and actual costs, reporting variances to appropriate parties.
- Support Development and Maintenance of Aqua Electrical and Programming Standards.
- Evaluate and propose electrical components for incorporation into standard designs.
- Provide technical support to Develop and Maintain Standard Electrical Drawing Packages for the most common product configurations.
- Assist Application Engineering in Project Evaluation, Customer Presentations, and Proposal Preparation.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and a minimum of 3 years of related training and experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Software.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and documentation skills.
- Must be able to travel to evaluate site requirements, possible complaints, and attend site meetings.
- Proficient with PLC & HMI programming software, preferably RSLogix and FactoryTalk.
- Other PLC’s and HMI’s, including Schneider Electric and Siemens, are a plus.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements and expectations that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.