Reports to: Director of Engineering
JOB TITLE: Engineering Assistant
For over 50 years, Aqua-Aerobic Systems has provided thousands of customers with adaptive treatment solutions in biological processes, oxidative process and filtration for both water and wastewater applications. Our knowledge and expertise in applied engineering and manufacturing allows us to provide highly efficient and cost effective technologies that require less energy, less maintenance and provide a low cost of ownership over the life of the plant.
As a leader in the water and wastewater treatment industry, we are growing and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a full-time Engineering Assistant.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Engineering Assistant will be responsible for the creation of electronic submittal and O&M manuals. Additionally, the Engineering Assistant with support Engineering and R&D administration, copy/Scan submittal documents, prints, shipping packets, and manuals, and support maintenance of Copy Center, Engineering and R&D department equipment.
- Support of Engineering and R&D Systems:
- Create, update and archive electronic submittal and O&M manuals
- Monitor Adept document management system and network electronic filing structure for compliance w/established guidelines. Maintain Adept standard TOCs, templates. Support and train users on Adept basics.
- Complete assigned ECRs for Engineering
- Complete periodic Engineering Index additions and maintenance – HTML design
- Process SCADA and lab data from all pilots and R&D assets on a weekly basis; review for clear and obvious anomalies or concerning trends and inform others as needed
- Use pre-programmed software to prepare R&D statistical evaluations, graphs and tabulations for engineer review
- Assist with standardizing of R&D data and report formatting
- Periodic R&D support: Seminar preparation, meeting minutes, project status updates
- R&D inventory control: Instrument and equipment service agreement monitoring
- Assist setup and maintenance of R&D work order and inventory software
- Perform essential Copy Center duties:
- Copy/scan submittal documents, prints, shipping packets and manuals
- Coordinate printing/copying priorities with internal departments
- Create media copies (CD, DVD, thumb drive) and maintain media archive
- Maintain Copy Center supplies inventory
- Monitor humidity and temperature levels in the document control room
- Assemble portfolios utilizing drilling and binding equipment
- Replenish company sales and marketing literature stock
- Ship packages as required through FedEx / UPS
- Monitor and maintain hard copy library (O&Ms)
- Assist Sales and Marketing with producing seminar materials.
- Perform department clerical duties:
- Check Engineering and Research & Development engineering hours are entered; support period closeout for engineering hours.
- Perform data entry or modification tasks in MSWord, Excel, Vantage ERP or cad
- Support department user for copier, MSOffice and Acrobat applications questions
- Annual file management and archive (engineering files)
- Facilitate annual departmental procedures review
- Coordinate travel arrangements for Engineering and Research & Development
- Reserve conference rooms, deliver mail and back-up company receptionist
- Assist with department supply requisitions
- Other duties as assigned
- Equivalent to high school diploma plus a minimum of 2 years of related training and experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with MS Word, MS Excel and Adobe Acrobat software.
- Familiarity with HTML design, CAD or ERP system preferred.
- Ability to operate various copiers, binding and drilling machinery.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal direction.
- Must be able to prioritize and work on multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent communication skills a must.
- Need to be able to lift up to 25 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements and expectations that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.