Department: Engineering – Mechanical
Reports to: Contract Engineering Supervisor
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Designer
For over 50 years, Aqua-Aerobic Systems has provided thousands of customers with adaptive treatment solutions in biological processes, oxidative process and filtration for both water and wastewater applications. Our knowledge and expertise in applied engineering and manufacturing allows us to provide highly efficient and cost effective technologies that require less energy, less maintenance and provide a low cost of ownership over the life of the plant.
As a leader in the water and wastewater treatment industry, we are growing and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a full-time Mechanical Designer.
Reporting to the Contract Engineering Supervisor, the Mechanical Designer will prepare and review layout drawings for new and existing products, review customer specifications and produce Bills of Materials for installations and assemblies. Additionally, the Mechanical Designer will create submittal approval and O&M manuals and assign and release part numbers.
- Prepare and review layout drawings for new and existing products. Review customer specs and drawings.
- Produce Bills of Material for installations and assemblies.
- Create Submittal Approval and Operation & Maintenance Manuals.
- Assign and release part numbers and special parts for orders.
- Provide technical support to Customer Service, Customers, Sales and Manufacturing.
- Work with vendors to locate components and obtain quotes.
- Maintain project records.
- An Associates Degree and a minimum of 2 years of related training and experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must have knowledge of Auto-Cad, AutoDesk Inventor, and MS Office software.
- Knowledge of structural design and sheet metal forming a plus.
- Occasional field service work.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements and expectations that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.