Department: Project Management
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
For over 50 years, Aqua-Aerobic Systems has provided thousands of customers with adaptive treatment solutions in biological processes, oxidative process and filtration for both water and wastewater applications. Our knowledge and expertise in applied engineering and manufacturing allows us to provide highly efficient and cost effective technologies that require less energy, less maintenance and provide a low cost of ownership over the life of the plant.
As a leader in the water and wastewater treatment industry, we are growing and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a full-time Project Manager.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Project Manager will coordinate the preparation and scheduling of submittal packages with multiple departments and projects and review and transmit packages. Additionally, the Project Manager will follow up with customers and the Production department to maintain an accurate ship date and coordinate responses to Customer or Consulting Engineers for questions relating to the submittal of a project.
- Coordination of multiple projects (20-30) regarding the preparation and scheduling of the submittal package with Application Engineering, Estimating, Manufacturing, and Engineering. Review and transmit the package.
- Follow up with the Customer and Production to maintain an accurate ship date.
- Coordinate responses to Customer or Consulting Engineer for questions relating to the submittal and the project.
- Coordinate with customer to negotiate and resolve field issues after shipment and through warranty period.
- Coordinate with Customer Service on missing or damaged items.
- Compare the Customer Purchase Order with the order package for completeness, clarity and to insure the costing is appropriate.
- Coordinate with customer, Customer Service and Process Engineering on scheduling Field Service visits.
- Coordinate with the customer and the Accounting department to obtain project closure. This includes assisting in obtaining final payments and negotiating any customer back charges.
- Support Engineering and Contract Administrators with technical and scheduling issues during the contract negotiations with the Customer.
- Review cost after shipment and explain variations between estimate and actual costs, report variances to appropriate parties.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Wastewater familiarity would help with product knowledge and application.
- Must be computer literate and have familiarity with MS Office software.
- Proficient typing skills and ability to operate a calculator and a copy machine.
- Ability to travel 2-4 times per year.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements and expectations that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.