As nutrient limits get tighter, data collection and automated process control becomes more critical.
Systems designed for biological nutrient removal can benefit from advanced controls including automated aeration control for enhanced nitrification/denitrification, control of anaerobic periods for Bio-P removal, and automated control of chemical addition to the biological and filtration systems.
Advantages of Biological Nutrient Removal Using Advanced Controls
- Reduces the risk of permit violations
- Optimizes nitrogen removal by adapting the process to influent conditions
- Available dissolved oxygen, ORP and ammonia aeration system control for optimum energy savings
- Reduces chemical addition via load-based phosphorus control
- Provides additional data and trending for better operational understanding
- Reduces operator sampling time
Process Management Tool Combines Process Knowledge And Online Instrumentation For Proactive Nutrient Removal Optimization
The intelligence-based control system connects the process, equipment, devices, controls, and operational choices to be made.Read Article