The incredible reactivity of the ozone molecule provides a myriad of benefits for drinking water applications, including efficient disinfection, taste and odor improvement, filtration enhancement, and reduction in the formation potential of harmful disinfection byproducts.
Advantages of Using Ozone for Drinking Water
- The incredible oxidation power of ozone allows it to more rapidly and effectively treat contaminants such as geosmin and 2-MIB that negatively impact water taste and impart unpleasant odors, and that are otherwise difficult to treat.
- Ozone is one of the few treatment approaches to surface water sources threatened by seasonal Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs), which produce toxins such as microcystin that can render even treated water undrinkable for weeks at a time.
- Ozone is frequently applied as a pre-treatment prior to sedimentation and filtration, increasing the quality of the filtered water as well as enhancing the removal of aesthetic contaminants like dissolved iron and manganese.
- When paired with another treatment such as hydrogen peroxide or UV in an Advanced Oxidation Process (AOP), ozone is an effective treatment for emerging contaminants such as hormones, pharmaceuticals, and endocrine disrupting compounds.
- When combined with other treatment technologies in powerful Advanced Oxidation Process (AOP) applications, ozone can oxidize even the most difficult emerging contaminants such as hormones and endocrine disrupting compounds, providing the most formidable defense available today for the water contaminants of tomorrow.
Halton chose Metawater Ozone Generators for high efficiency and individually cooled dielectrics design
The Burloak plant is expected to increase its capacity from 55 MLD today to 130 MLD in the near future, with the ultimate capacity projected to increase to 220 MLD in the coming decades. Aqua-Aerobic Systems and the cutting-edge ElectrOzone generator will be there every step of the way.Read Success Story