This webinar will focus on a different approach to nutrient removal using a variation of a BNR system that features a phased approach and lower recirculation to achieve the most stringent requirements. Attendees will learn about the AquaPASS® phased activated sludge; its operation and comparison with standard multi-stage BNR systems. The webinar will address how enhanced nutrient removal is achieved in a phased activated sludge with less steps and discuss the flexibility of the system for retrofit applications.
- How nutrients are removed in a flow-through activated sludge system
- Requirements to retrofit an existing system to meet BNR objectives
- Learn how a phased activated sludge system can achieve low nutrient removal with reduced recycles
- Several retrofit case studies will be presented
- Earn (1) Professional Development Hour (PDH)